Well that’s it, we’ve come to the end of another fantastic year for Weymouth Pavilion. Over the past 12 months we’ve welcomed world-class comedians and bands to our stage, from Julian Clary to 10cc, seen incredible emerging local talent and the welcome return of West End musicals to Weymouth.
Let’s take a look back at some of our highlights from 2016
- January saw the Ocean Room complete its refurbishment with much needed paint work and brand new lighting, expanding its capability.
- In March we hosted the Rotary and Dorset Young Farmers conferences, bringing hundreds of delegates into the town.
- West End musicals returned to Weymouth with thousands of people flocking to the Pavilion to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in June and Blood Brothers in November.
- Our swashbuckling summer pantomime Pirates of the Pavilion returned for a record-breaking run.
- We saw sold-out performances of incredible acts such as rock legends 10cc, Julian Clary, Slade, The Stylistics, The Real Thing, The Damned, the Russian State Opera and more.
- We hosted Weymouth’s Iron Man Triathlon over a packed weekend that saw thousands of people coming to the town to cheer the athletes on.
- We were in a movie! (sort of) The production team for Warner Brothers’ new film Dunkirk used the Ocean Room for wardrobe and makeup for extras filming scenes in Weymouth Harbour. You might even see us in the background of a shot...
- In December we held our very first Relaxed Performance of our Christmas pantomime and it was a huge success!
- And to cap it off, Jack and the Beanstalk has broken all Box Office records set by last year’s Snow White to become our best selling pantomime ever!
So a huge thank you to everybody who has supported us over the past year. It’s been an incredible journey so far and stay tuned for more exciting announcements for 2017!
From all the staff here at Weymouth Pavilion, we wish you a very happy new year.